VSS/RPM sensor location?

Can anyone point me in the direction of the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) or transmission RPM sensor on a 2000 A6 4.2? I'm trying to add an auxiliary odometer and having trouble finding it. A picture would be
helpful as well.
Alternatively, if there's an easy place to pick it up in the wiring harness, that would work as well.
Thanks. - Dave