Windstar VSS

Having problems with my windstar. Have had erradic Tac. problems. Have replaced the VSS 3 times :cry: :cry: each time the problem has gone away for a short time. The last time I changed the VSS and the plug on the wireing harness and the problem is still there. Checked the voltage at the plug and it reads 6 Volts (DC) my manuals say that there should only be 1.5 volts at the plug with the ignition turned on and the engine not running. Does anyone know what could cause this.

Reply to
neosh