Xenon Headlights (UK)

I have xenons on my 2000 A6Q
Yesterday morning I noticed the light 'colour' was looking kinda strange when reflecting off cars in front, so I pulled up to take a look from the
front.
One lamp was normal, but the nearside was very yellow.
Later in the day I swapped the bulbs over to check if it was the bulb or the ballast etc, and the problem moved so I guessed it was the bulb.
Deep breath and into my local Audi dealer (Reading Audi) fearing the worst>>>>
106 for a BULB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that's close to $150)
Shopped around on net for a bit (Phillips D2S HID bulb) cheapest I could find was 97 and 5 days for delivery. Back to Audi who sourced the part and delivered it by courier next working day.
Ouch....

John this is a common thing with Xenon's, one of mine is the same although its only noticable to you, if you get out of the car and look from the front you will notice no difference, having said that I know what you mean.
I retro fitted my xenon's and used cheaper bulbs <7000k> colour not the normal 5000k.
They should last 10 years lol
If you need cheap replacements I can source them for $65.00 each, thats like 40 quid, although not Philips, you can choose the colour, from 5000k - 7500
You may have to pay import duty on them, but under 40 quid normally incurs no duty
hth
Ron
geeeeee........I bought my first car for 60......how times have changed, a Ford Anglia. It lasted me 4 years and I cant remember it costing much over those years.
Mind you there is a similarity, it was light years ago.
clanger

Hi.
I have an A4 3.0 Cab Sport in the UK, I have noticed that my Xenons are not as blue or (twinkley) as my mates CLK, I must admit, the only reason I spec'd the Xenons was because they looked really cool (sad I know).
What temperature and make bulb are fitted to Stock Audi Xenons.Are there replacements that would give me more of a bluey purple twinkle that is more prominent.
Also does anyone know where to get xenon lamps that would make the fog lights look like the dipped xenon beams to fit the Cab. This would give the whole thing some uniformity as when the lights are all on the fogs lokk really naff!
Cheers.
Gez..

You guys should check out a new website called www.startledrabbit.com they sell headlight bulbs both standard and upgrades just bought four for my BMW really effective new silverstars 50% more light, very impressed

I had a look for my TT, but the bulbs are not Xenon, only halogen :-(
--
Moley
TTOC Member

Most of them are - Xenon is often used as a "filler" gas; halogen lights <> gas discharge.
--

Hairy One Kenobi