xenon headlights

I am thinking of getting a new ST170 but am surprised that it does not have the option of xenon headlights. Both the Zetec and Ghia have this option. Any reason for this.

Ann

Reply to
ann

I think the bodywork etc for the 170 is from the previous model and thus not able to have the new lights fitted or ?

Eivind

Reply to
Arne

You can buy an ST170 with xenon lights in the UK too....just ask your ford dealer....mind it is an expensive option....but it's your money it's your choice!!!.

Reply to
dcg

In message , Johoo writes

Yes but where in the Netherlands can you drive a ST170 really quickly.

I just been across there last week and there was quite a lot of maintenance on most of the autoroutes. It really was quite congested.

Perhaps it comes with Xenon lights in the Netherlands because the only time you can drive it quickly is at night ;)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Xenons are part of the comfort pack which also adds heated front screen, at

300notes it's a bargain if you ask me
Reply to
Andrew Jewitt

Blimey if you can get the comfort pack for £300 I want one now!!! The Xenons on my new Ghia were £500 on their own. If you got to the build it yourself site from the Ford UK page they list the comfort pack as a £750 option.

Reply to
Andy Lee

I have become very confused by the Ford website and their brochure with regard to options and extras.

I had my one year old 2.0i Zetec stolen a week ago and the chances are it's not going to turn up. Long story - house burglars while we slept - found my handbag took keys and two cars a new MR2 and my Focus!!!! - Just drove them away!!!! - No we didn't hear a thing.

I need to wait 28 days before it is assumed that the car is non recoverable. I really want another Focus but now can't decide between the ST170 and the TDCi. The options for the TDCi are even more confusing. I would want a 5 door Zetec 1.8 TDCi 115PS. When I configure this on Ford's web site it suggests that the heated windscreen, air conditioning, the cd player and 17" wheels are all extras!!!! The windscreen, cd and air con were standard on my 2.0i. Is the web site correct? I also want power sun roof, bodystyling kit, xenon headlights and metalic paint. With all these as extras it bumps the price up from £14,600 to £18,200 - quite a jump! No mention on the website of the comfort pack - they list Xenon headlamps at £500 and windscreen at £150.

I have read previous posts, but honestly - which car should I go for?

Thanks

Ann

Reply to
ann

To have xenon lights on a UK Spec ST170 you need the "Comfort Pack" Option, which has xenon lights, Climate Control and QuickClear Windscreen.

Reply to
RallyMan