1985 BMW 318i engine replacement

I am going to replace the engine from an '84 318i to an '85 318i. The engine threw a rod, so I am replacing it with an engine I am pretty sure works from pick a part (junkyard type of thing). The 1985 gets the
1984 engine.
Do I need any special tools to remove the engine? Does anyone know of a good online guide? I cannot find one anywhere. The service manual I have does not show how to do it. I mainly need the special tools, or a good substitute, before I go to take it out. I will probably only have one shot at it, so I want to do it right.
Thanks!