BMW 318i heater odd problem??

Hi,

The heater system (has air con) in my 318i (on an S plate-last year of that shape) has recently started acting weird.

The LCD display keeps going on and off, but leaving the LED's in the buttons lit.

If I turn off the heater, by reducing the fan level past its lowest, it goes off, as normal, but then, randomly, it comes back on again, then does the old LCD on/off trick.

I'm suspecting a loose connector maybe? But am confused by apparent seperate buttons and LCD, I'd expect them all powered from one place.

Its not a REALLY smart unit and detecting a problem elsewhere, I think I need a new belt very soon, not sure which one it is though.

Looking to go the the dealer pre-armed with a bit of info....

thanks

Reply to
Steve