1988 325is Trunk wont open

I am having a problem. Recently my battery died leaving no electrical output of any kind for the car to operate. I used to be able to open the trunk with my key but now it does not let me put in the key.
Seems to be jammed. Is there a way to manually open the trunk so I can jump start the car? I did not see any trunk release. Also, since the battery is in the back, did they put battery terminals in the front to jump the car?
go to http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f  and ask there,,,,, they will solve the problem for you!