1992 525i Overheating

I notice that my 1992 525i overheats when it sits idle for several minutes or more. Today as I was waiting in line for coffee, it went quite high. As
I drove away, it barely touched the red area and the coolant temp warning went off, as I drove, as it always does in the past, it dropped back to normal within a minute.
The radiator was replaced 2 years ago before I got the car and supposedly the thermostat was replaced as well. What might be causing this? Thanks!
Scott wrote:

If the car overheats only when idling (as your description) but maintains proper cooling when in motion, the problem is most assuredly the fan clutch. Not a big deal to replace but they are kind of expensive.
-Fred W

He's right. If you replace it your self bear in mind the clutch's nut is reverse thread!

minutes
As
warning
supposedly
Good call, Fred. I suggested the water pump in my last post, but the fan clutch is the more likely culprit.
You need a water pump. And you'll soon need a new head if you continue to allow the Temp needle flirt with the red mark.

Try bleed out the air, if any, from the cooling system.
-- Johan