330ix 2003

Hi everyone,
I'm currently looking at 2003 330ix with about 23k going for $26,500. The car has been in MA all its live and been in a minor accident where
the front right quarter panel was replaced. I presently own a 2000 A4 2.8l quattro that needs a few seals fixed, the timing belt replaced, and new suspension.
Would you continue to put money into the Audi or go for the BMW.
-Trevor

My '01 has 94K on it with no mechanical or electrical problems. YMMV.
FloydR
I have a flawless '03 xi with premium package, manual shift, with 60k miles and prefer it over the audi, more grunt and better feel. It is more "rear wheel drive" than the audi is as a AWD car, so it feels more fun. Audi can get $$ when things start to go, but I guess so can a bimmer.... immaculate maintenance is essential! Besides motor oil, I had all fluids done at 50k miles. I got a new hood under warranty from rust - I am in Montreal.

Dealer or private party?
If from a BMW dealer, is it eligible for a certified preowned (CPO) rating that includes a warranty? If so, I wouldn't hesitate if you like the car.
Eisboch
Eisboch wrote:

Last I knew, BMW wouldn't CPO a car that has been in an accident. Perhaps it has changed since then?
--
-Fred W

You are probably right. I didn't think of that.
Eisboch
So I decided to stick with my Audi even though I would prefer the BMW. It wasn't worth the cost to upgrade at this point. Looks like another 90k coming on my Audi! Thanks for all your ideas.
-Trevor