92 325i streo not working? any tip?

i bought this car without streo in it. I installed a mp3 player and used the same harness which came with the car. player is working fine but no sound in any speaker. I replaced the orginal amp with same
orginal amp but still no sound. hooked the subs directly with white amp harness and they are working without amp. anyone got more info? Thanks
ralfnader wrote:

Not familiar with the car but as a first port of call I'd look for a fuse or relay that powers the amp. Sounds like it's not getting a voltage feed.
HTH
--
Regards

Steve G
Dear Steve! I checked fuse and also made sure that red and brown wire are showing me 12V on it. same thing with my orginal one which i thought is bad but this new one is acting the same way. Ralf SteveG wrote:

ralfnader wrote:

be sure your new stario is sending a power on signal to the amp.

Todd Zuercher
could you tell me more about it??? where to check this signal??