VW Passat - indicators not working!!!!!

Hi there, hope someone out there can help me. I have a volkswagom passa

(S reg 1999) and the indicators have just stopped working, (the hazard don't work either). I thought it might be a fuse but when I lock th car with the keypad the lights flash. So they're obviously working s why don't the indicators or hazards come on? I took it to a loca garage and they're stumped. Please help me before I end up taking it t a VW garage who'll charge a fortune just to look at it

-- hebuditchi

Reply to
hebuditchi

Pull the hazard switch from the dash, unplug the connector on the back, clean up with a small piece of emery paper / kitchen scourer and WD40. Replace connector and your indicators *should* now be working again.

If this fails, then the hazard switch (which is a combined switch and relay) will need replacing, which, unfortunately, isn't cheap.

Reply to
SteveH

My fist thought would still be the fuse as the alarm may power the indicators separately, the second option is the flasher unit that's normally a relay in the fuse box.

Reply to
Depresion