air conditioning

Any ideas. 1997 328I,On hot days the air doesnt work. Turn on the air their is no fan though it sounds as though the compressor kicks in,leave the car overnight
in the cool and the next morning the air will start up when the car is started. Yes the fan then runs.
sailor wrote:

You need to do some troubleshooting when it's not working. I'd start by seeing if the fan is getting juice.

Probably the final stage resistor; try googling for "Final stage resistor" and all will probably be revealed.
Roger