Another Disappointing BMW Dealer

Page 2 of 2

Sounds like you live in some Utopia.

I can only talk about my experiences with several UK BMW dealers and say - if only. They seem hell bent in adding on as many 'extras' as they can - and expecting the customer to pay up sheep wise.

At my last - and final service *ever* with my dealer, when doing a couple of routine checks before even driving the car off, and finding the oil level on minimum - after a change - the so called 'service manager' made it clear he thought I couldn't check the oil level properly. On giving him a tissue and telling him to check it him self, he then said it wasn't possible to for it to be low as they used a measuring system to put the new oil in - despite the evidence of the dipstick. And couldn't quite understand when I called him a fool. Only in rather stronger terms.
A subsequent complaint to BMW GB - about this and other things regarding that particular service - brought no satisfaction, other than passing my complaint back to the dealer. Whose head office I'd already CC'd the letter to.

That's what they want. Fleece you and expect you to grin and bear it.

That's how they work. My local dealer has changed hands three times in as many years - at least once after (UK) trading standards took them to court. But BMW GB don't give a f**k about anything other than selling cars.
--
*When the going gets tough, use duct tape

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

in as

court.
I got a flyer from Coopers last week in which their slogan is "When only the best will do". The printers must have missed off the "..go elsewhere"
MB UK has taken direct control of the dealerships in all the major conurbations. Aim was to improve and standardise service.
I had used only one franchised dealer in the past and under the last private ownership wasn't so bad.
DAS
< snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...