2007 Camry Disappointing

Have been Camry XLE V6 owners since 2000 when we moved up from a Corolla. Traded 00 for a 03 then for a 05. With each trade noticed a decline in the overall car, not enough to stop from trading. Until now, test drove a new 07 XLE and was so disappointed that the salesman, whom we've dealt with for the last two trades, when we walked in the showroom could see the disgust in our faces. The car to us seems like a throw back to a 1990s style Corolla or Tercel, it just feels and sounds cheap.

Just wondering does anyone else find this same thing?

Where is Toyota going? They keep this up they will lose.

Guess we will run the 05 for a few more years and see what the next revamped Camry looks like.

-- John

Reply to
John Raymond

I don't know....my '92 Corolla Wagon is still going strong with

208,000 on it.

Why in hell would anybody trade a Toyota in after 2 years?

My wife has a 97 that she says she wants to keep forever....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Why not run the 05 for another 13 years?

As for the 07.. I disagree with you. I think its a nice car. I don't think it has been cheapened at all.

Reply to
GO Mavs

I was thinking the same.. Pay it down.. it isnt going anywhere..

Reply to
GO Mavs

You guys certainly raise a good point but the issue is Toyota's decline in apparent quality. Not how he likes to waste money on new wheels.

Reply to
Art

I myself havent seen the decline in quality. Even my low cost Yaris is pretty nice for its money. The Camry is still laid back, relaxed, and comfy... still drives smooth, still looks pretty good and still gets good mileage.

Maybe the quality is not getting better but it is definitely not declining.

Reply to
GO Mavs

She rules the roost.

Reply to
mark digital©

You seem to be one that wastes money on new wheels....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

All wives rule the roost...

Some people don't recognize it and end up divorced...like Joey...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Toyota Camry - Motor Trends 2007 Most Complained Car of the Year

Reply to
EdV