#%^$%$ BMW dealer

I am about to install a/c in my '87 e30. I got all (I think) major parts from a wrecked car. But I need some gaskets, brackets, rubber mounts, and some other small parts ($0.5 - $5).

I contacted local dealer and asked for parts (I mailed them all part numbers). They replayed that they will have to order these parts, and that I have to order minimum 10 of each. Since I need some 40 different pars I'll have to spend a lot of money unnecessary.

Is this common for the parts for older models, that do not brake often, or is this only the case where I am (at the end of nothing)?

I asked the guy at the dealer's this question by mail, and he replayed "this is the way it is weather you like it or not".

This dealer is also the general importer for my country, and if I go to another they will have to go to this one, and I will get the same answer.

Reply to
Yvan

Tell us what country you are in!

Reply to
SharkmanBMW!

Looks like Lithuania (sp?)

Maybe the OP could order the parts in a different country (where the dealers only require you to buy one of each part) and just pay the shipping?

Reply to
Fred W

Nedavno Fred W pise:

| > Tell us what country you are in! | | Looks like Lithuania (sp?) | | Maybe the OP could order the parts in a different country (where the | dealers only require you to buy one of each part) and just pay the | shipping?

I am in Serbia. I can try to order from another country, but I have to find one that will ship to Serbia. Not all Internet shops do :-(

I was just wondering this is common practice, and if mailing to the BMW might help.

Mailing BMW did not help last time I mailed them. This dealer refused to service my car because I did LPG conversion (not even brakes, or something else unrelated to conversion). BMW responded that it is dealer's choice weather he will service my car or not.

Reply to
Yvan