Re: Speedometer, trip meter, odometer stopped working. 1993 325i

In reading some other posts some people mention something about a wire

> coming loose from the differential. I did just have the diff oil > changed a couple weeks before this problem started occuring. Could > these two things be related? >

Yes, they could be related. The speed sensor is mounted to the diff. It could have come loose or it could have failed. I am not sure I would blame the failure on the service, but it could be related and maybe it simply came out of adjustment. (I have vehicles where the sensor can be changed with different gearing options, and the various gear sizes require adjustment. The mechanic could have removed the sensor and simply failed to adjust it properly, now the gears do not make contact.)

Reply to
Jeff Strickland