ASC light ON in '97 318is in mornings

This recently occurs and often in the morning (cold?) when I drive out of the house to drop off kid at school (15 minutes away). While at school, if I turn off
engine and back on, ASC light goes away. Is this normal? It's happening on a regular basis now. Now when I get out of work, same thing occurs. Something to do with cold engine?
Appreciate any insight.
Thanks.
liem00 wrote:

I doubt if the cold engine has anything to do with this. When the light comes on the ASC is no longer working, not a good thing if you run into any weather when taking the kids to school.
There are a multitude of things that can trigger the ASC failure.. from a bad cable on the cruise control actuator (which is used to control the throttle for ASC) to bad wheel sensors on the ABS system (which feed data to the ASC part of the ABS controller.)
It will likely require a dealer visit to diagnose this. Hopefully there are error codes stored in the ABS/ASC controller that will guide the techs in diagnosing your problem.
Thanks. Will schedule a dealer visit.