ASC Light Came On

My wife was driving the '04 mini when the ASC light came on. At first she thought it was the oil light and did the right thing by pulling over and
turning the engine off. She looked up what the light meant and when she restarted the engine the light was off.
The dealership said this light comes on when the front tires begin to slip and may be shut off and reset when the engine is cycled. But it was not cold enough to have ice on the road.
Anyone else have this light come on?

It comes on all the time on my Cooper S, it doesn't have to be icy, if the road is wet/slippy it can easily come on under power etc. However, it doesn't stay on, it stays on for the time the ACS is actually working. I take it you mean the yellow light with skiddy marks on?
Nige
> > My wife was driving the '04 mini when the ASC light came on. At first she > > thought it was the oil light and did the right thing by pulling over and > > turning the engine off. She looked up what the light meant and when she > > restarted the engine the light was off. > > > > The dealership said this light comes on when the front tires begin to slip > > and may be shut off and reset when the engine is cycled. But it was not > > cold enough to have ice on the road. > > > > Anyone else have this light come on? > > > > > > It comes on all the time on my Cooper S, it doesn't have to be icy, if the > road is wet/slippy it can easily come on under power etc. However, it > doesn't stay on, it stays on for the time the ACS is actually working. I > take it you mean the yellow light with skiddy marks on? > > Nige > >
Yeah, I'm exactly the same as Nige...tell her to be abit more frugal with her right foot!!!
Matt

first
with
I take it you are not married.

over
when
was
if
it
working.
I am!
Matt

yes all the time, my driving sucks :p
When you switch it off on the rocker switches, the light is permanently illuminated.