BMW delivers first 40 of 4,000 vehicles destined for London Olympics

From AB

BMW GROUP'S OLYMPIC FLEET BEGINS THE JOURNEY TO LONDON 2012

Vehicles from BMW's 2012 fleet were today delivered to the Olympic Park, complete with livery and ready for Games time

BMW Group, the Official Automotive Partner to the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games, has now delivered the first 40 vehicles that will be used for this summer's Olympic and Paralympic Games in London.

The newly-liveried vehicles will form part of the full fleet which will be used by LOCOG to help drive the Games. The fleet c "BMW's Olympic fleet needs to be varied to deal with the complex operational demands of the Games time effort. We were selected as a partner based on our ability to provide such a diverse fleet that could achieve the challenging emissions threshold as set by LOCOG. The Games fleet will include our class leading efficient diesels, hybrids, electric vehicles and even bicycles. We are extremely proud for our cars to be involved in the London 2012 Games and are excited about seeing them in full service this summer in these eye-catching designs."

Am "The BMW fleet will become a familiar sight around our venues this summer and will help us perform a huge range of tasks to will help to ensure the smooth running of the Games. Taking delivery of the first vehicles is an exciting moment for us as we continue our preparation for the Olympic and Paralympic Games." View the attachments for this post at:

MummyChunk