UPS delivers! :-)

Now I really have an incentive to track down my electrical problems. Jeep was not running that good today...if I stepped on the loud pedal a little more then it would come alive and do great, but it felt "choppy" below around 3000 RPM. I noticed my voltmeter was only reading about 12.1 volts today while cruising down the highway. Normally it's right around 14 volts. I'm guessing the battery is on its last leg, or the alternator. I think the alternator. It needs a tuneup, too... Gonna bring the battery over to Advance Auto and have them check it out and if it's ok I guess I'll throw an alternator on it. If I put a voltmeter across the battery terminals at idle shouldn't I see around 14 volts or so? And about 12 volts with the Jeep not running? Hmm... Maybe I should RTFMs I bought for it.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

twaldron

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 03:21:15 GMT, twaldron shared the following:

Cool. Thank you. There's one right down the road from me...

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 03:21:15 GMT, twaldron shared the following:

Awesome! I just called the one that's about 8 miles from my house and they confirmed this, and the best part is that they said they can test both of them while they're in the vehicle. Very cool. Thanks, twaldron! :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
twaldron

Hi travis,

What?... you bought a Ramsey? (sorry about your luck! I guess that horse jumped out... LOL :

Reply to
JimG

Dirty connections on the main cables or main ground tag can cause that.

So can a polished up fan belt. I go through about 3 V belts a year on mine. Mud is liquid sand paper and polishes up the sides of the belt causing even a tight belt to slip.

I test mine by having a cold off engine and seeing if I can hand turn the alternator pulley. If I can make the pulley slip by hand, no way will it grab under load when running. The alternator takes a few HP to spin up.

Mike

travis wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain