CIGAR LIGHTERS

I have a '95 740il. Recently the Cigar lighters just quit working. I checked the fuses they all looked good. Neither the manual or the fuse box cover tells you which fuse is used for the lighters. I replaced them all
anyways. No luck. Anyway had this problem?? Have any ideas??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have to go to the tailor to pick up my custom pants with pockets down to the ankle so I can carry enough money to cover the repairs.
Your car is obviously very posh. Mine only has a cigarette lighter...
DAS
"Drive740" < snipped-for-privacy@bcgmn.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
All I'll say to that DAS is wow.

Haven't seen a cigarette lighter for years. Look at the diameter of the element...
--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Presumably you saw the intended humour....but I shall have a look. (Never use the damn thing for anything, not even charging my computer. I took the delete ashtray option.)
DAS
Do they work if you push & hold them in?
On my 92 735, if you push them in, the pop out right away; but if i Push & hold they warm up quicky.

waffled on about something:

I'm amazed nobody has improved on the design, IIRC every lighter I've ever seen relies on a bimetallic strip to release them to make them pop out, and as you mention, they all too often fail/bend and won't lock down.
Having said that, my '96 E36 used to do that, previous owner a non-smoker, but after the first couple of weeks of manual press and hold it's now started staying down then popping, although it could do with another couple of seconds.
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Mine works intermittently. It's really hard to pull out too. I suspect it is more than the element, but time will tell.
My dealer has ordered one, but he says they are on backorder. He also mentioned that there are many people waiting for one.
I'm thinking of getting two sticks and rubbing them together.

No. Theres no power getting to them at all. I wouldn't care but I have the satellite radio that plugs into it.