Cigar lighter lamp replacement

Anybody know how to remove the cigar lighter in a Vauxhall Vectra ?

-- Remove NOJUNK to email

Regards,

Neil

Reply to
Neil Marsh

To replace the lamp, you don't remove the cigarette lighter, but you have to remove the ashtray/cupholder assembly then replace the bulb. This involves unscrewing the entire centre console, moving it back about 6 inches to be able to get the cupholders out.

Remove triangular trims either side of ashtray and remove two screws. Starting on drivers side of centre console, remove screw caps and two screws in footwell area. Lift up trim under handbrake, remove one screw. Slide driver seat forward, remove screw cap, remove screw. Lift out rear ashtray, remove two screws (I think). Repeat for passenger side of centre console. Detatch handbrake and gear lever gaiters from console. Now console should slide back, and you can remove cupholders.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Thanks for the info Anthony ~ half expected ".... remove engine & gearbox..." !

I successfully removed the handbrake 'knuckle clearance' trim and the triangular trim over the lighter itself, but the left one's very tight. Presumably I can buy a replacement if it breaks. .

The car is not fitted with cup holders, instead it has a small pocket. Do you think it's possible to prise this out instead of the above method ?

Will wait for your reply before having another go in daylight.

-- Remove NOJUNK to email

Regards,

message

Reply to
Neil Marsh

Yes, you can get the trims separately. They are quite tight, but as long as you are slightly careful, it shoudln't break.

I cant remember taking one apart that doesn't have cup-holders. I think it still has to come out as it is all moulded in one piece. Worth a try gently levering it to see if it will give though.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Eventually got round to replacing the lamp. The info you provided was very helpful.

When I pulled the lamp out a small black plastic moulding (12mm L x 8mm Dia, with locating prong) shot out. I couldn't figure out how to refit it and left it out. Now it's all back together I notice a tiny chink of light at the top of the centre console moulding, and guess the purpose of the black plastic moulding is to blank off stray light directly opposite the ashtray illumination window.

You don't happen to know where I can get a download of the CDR500 CD/Radio manual ?

-- Remove NOJUNK to email

Regards,

message

Reply to