new dodge cigar lighter missing

just picked up a new dodge ram truck and noticed the cigar lighter was missing from the socket. I did not get the smokers package and was there fore told that this is the way it is if you don't have that package. Seems funny to me that the receptacle is there, fully powered but there is no lighter in it or even some type of cover to finish off the receptacle like the power accessory plug has. Is this what i should expect to see?

brian dodge ram 08 sxt.

Reply to
mr burns

Dealer is wrong. My new 2007.5 Ram has a cig lighter on the left of center bezel and a power outlet (with plastic cover) on the right. The lighter was there. Mine does not have the smokers group. Not sure what it would change on the 07's as there is a small ashtray in the flip down cup holder console.

Reply to
miles

Could be they are trying to save another 50 cents, like when they left off the passenger's side door lock.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

On the Grand Cherokee that was the most asinine thing i have ever seen. but leave it to DC to do that.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

or made inner fender liners an option?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

My little brother has a new Nissan pickup, same shit, no passenger side key lock.

Reply to
BigIronRam

Not just DC. My parents just bought a new Trailblazer. No passenger side door lock. What the heck is up with that?

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

funny thing is when i called dodge customer service the girl there couldn't even tell me if it was supposed to be there. she is referring me to another sales guy at my dealer. you would think with the vin they could say yea or nay.

Reply to
mr burns

Chevy and Ford trucks don't have the rear wheel liners on their trucks either. I installed them on my Ram and they look great.

Reply to
miles

=EF=BF=BDI installed them on my Ram and they look great.

A source?

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Bought the rear liners from my dealer. They're factory Mopar parts. Really adds a nice finished look to the truck.

Reply to
miles

It is sad that you now need to buy the parts that shaould already be there.

Reply to
TBone

They really don't have a lock on the passenger side???

Reply to
Picasso

ford & chev used to have them... thats true though the new fords & chevs don;t

Reply to
Picasso

I agree but the liners weren't on my 2000 and 2001 Rams nor are they found on Fords or Chevy's. So it's pretty standard to leave off the rear liners it seems.

Reply to
miles

Certain years, yes that is correct.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Is that the side the truck thiefs open to gain entry? I'm glad my passenger side doors lock.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

I think if you have keyless entry, they only have a lock cylinder on the driver's door and trunk/rear hatch.

Reply to
Iman Nassoul

IMHO, "standard" doesn't make it right..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

My wife's Focus is like that. Annoys the hell outta me. I don't want to carry around a remote for a car I only drive a few times a week and sometimes for various reasons you want to get in the passenger side, but can't. Hell of a way to save $0.50 a car. Bob

Reply to
bfran