Climate control question

I bought a used 1996 328i. Every time I start the car the climate control comes on. I find this very annoying, is there a way I can turn off climate
control so it doesn't automatically come on every time I start the engine?
Thanks

IIRC, no. However if it's the cold air that annoys until it warms up leave it on auto.
--
*'ome is where you 'ang your @ *

Assuming it operates like my '99 328i, the system starts up as it was when the ignition was turned off - with one exception: if the fan was turned off (system off), it comes on at the slowest speed setting when you next start the car. Outside of that, I hope you enjoy your car.
Tom K.

On auto in my E39, the fan starts very low on a cold day with the fresh air vents closed. When the coolant reaches a usable temp, the fan speeds up till the interior gets up to the preset temp. Then the fresh air vents open. The fan then slows down to a quiet setting. All clever stuff.
--
*Don't byte off more than you can view *

London SW

That is also how my E46 works. Where I live, the weather is nearly always too hot or too cold (except for a couple of days in spring or fall), so it is good that the unit works like that. Jim