Coolant warning light on 1996 328i

Hi,

I have a 1996 328i and I am getting "low coolant level" warning light. I checked the bypass tank and it is full and the car doesn't seem to be overheating. Can anyone shed light (no pun intended) on this.

thanks

Reply to
John Smith

Most likely the coolant level sending unit.

Reply to
Fred W

I agree with Fred. If however the problem persists after changing the coolant level sensor, check the pin connections at the plug.The plug will lock on tightly but the pin connections inside can be loose.To repair remove plug housing and check and tighten both terminal connections.

Reply to
weightloss