E-36 seats

Looking for two front seats for E-36 body style, no luck on E-bay. Black or dark gray preferred, leather.

Thanks, Erni

Reply to
erni gorham

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:44:14 GMT, "erni gorham" spewed:

I hate to tell you, but you're in a WORLD of hurt looking for these. I'm looking for a drivers seat myself for the same body. Apparently, you can't even buy them assembled NEW, and they were NEVER sold assembled. If you wanted a new one now it would cost $2000, and you'd have to pay an upholsterer to assemble it for you, which they may not even know how to do if it's the power version.

I've found ZERO used myself. It is hard to believe that there aren't any in junkyards, but maybe they're worth so much they just sell them immediately locally and there's never an ad.

If you've got seats at all now, the only thing you can really do is get just the leather from BMW and have it replaced. That's the only good thing about the situation, all the parts come separately.

I've also heard that they switch leather "grain" halfway thru the production of the E36, which I guess won't be a problem for you if you want to totally recover both, but if it's only part of them you need it may not match perfectly.

I'm pretty PO'ed about the whole situation myself :(

If you hear anything contrary to the above, please post!

-- _____________________________________________________ Drivin a 94 BMW 325is w/sport. For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com. Yeah, it's really a real address :)

Reply to
see.my.sig.4.addr