E-90 scheduled maintenance question.

I have a 2006 E90 that will be a year old in August, but I only have about 7,000 miles on her. If I'm reading the maintenance manual correctly I'm
only to bring the car in when the computer says it's time. On my it's indicated July of 2007 from the beginning. Two years?
I don't like this computerized maintenance crap, I'd rather take it in on a regular schedule. But, of course if I take it in off schedule it's on my dime.
E90 owners am I reading this wrong? Please help.
Thanks.

Not certain about the E90, but on the E46 (and most other BMW models), covered maintenance includes an oil/filter change after one year if mileage doesn't warrant a full oil service.
Tom K.

Think that's two years now.
--
*Young at heart -- slightly older in other places

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Strange one this because my E91 indicator gives me only 1 year, yet I know of other E90/E91 owners who also say they have 2 years (or mileage) on the indicator. When my year is close to being up I will check with the dealer and see what the score is.

The timed oil change mentioned is for cars doing a low mileage, and isn't shown by the service indicator - or at least not on mine. Check handbook for details.
--
*Never kick a cow pat on a hot day *

I think it will call it in after a year anyway.
BMW has a service bulletin to do the oil service every year (though I can't swear it will apply to the E90), so even though you haven't tripped the lights, you should be able to get an oil service/reset.
R / John

John Carrier wrote:

service indicator lights. On the OBC display on the dash board you get a display of miles to go (in thousands) or date (e.g. Nov 2006) which ever comes first for the next service. This comes up when your first start the car or call it up using the OBC. Things have moved on a bit! E90/E91 deisels will go for around 22,000 miles between oil services, so most owners are interested in the timed services. The weird thing is some E90/E91 show a timed service date 1 year after delivery, some are showing 2 years after delivery. Bit of a mystery.