tacoma scheduled maintenance

what / where is the propeller shaft bolt?

tks, Paul

Reply to
Paul

This is Toyota's odd name for the bolts holding the u-joints to the driveshaft. I need a crow-foot to torque mine, and they're never loose. (A crow-foot set at 90° to the handle of a torque wrench gives an accurate torque. Any other angle is inaccurate.)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Reply to
Paul

Those are u-bolts. u-joints are the universal joints that allow flexibility in the driveshaft.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

flexibility. I have a solid rear axle. This is 2wd.

Reply to
Paul

You might want to find someone else to do this work.

There are two universal joints in your driveshaft, one where it connects to the transmission and one where it connects to the rear differential.

Reply to
Johann Koenig

What is the torque range for u-joint bolts?

Thanks Michael C.

Reply to
Michael V. Cain Sr.