E #'s and/or FAQ

I know all Beemers have an "E" #, and I know mine's E36, but I don't know all the others. What's the 3 series after the 36 for instance? Is there a list or a FAQ anybody can post?
-- _____________________________________________________ Drivin a 94 BMW 325is w/sport. For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com. Yeah, it's really a real address :)

In the absence of other replies, try this:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bmw+e+numbers
http://bmw.aloistreichel.de/e-codes.php
I have a translation on my website, which is to be revealed soon.
Ilir Dibrani

This used to be the canonical list, but it's growing stale. But it list the motor codes too which is nice.
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/enumber.html
-Russ.

I know, I need to update it. But a) I'm fairly busy these days and b) I find it hard to get enthusiatic about the cars they sell these days.
I'll get round to it one day :-)

the
Eek, didn't realise you were *that* John Burns. :-) Anyway it's always been a great list, hope you do manage to update it sometime.
What are you driving these days?
-Russ.

1990 318iS E30 with 185k miles, had it for 4 years and adore it. Had an almost new one in 1991, changed it for an E36 and always regretted it (although we kept the E36 for 9 years!).
My 635CSi was killed in action by a blind woman in a Corsa four years ago :-(
My fiance runs a 1990 E34 Alpina B10 3.5, very nice. I also have an E28 525e. Half looking for another 635, thinking about a Z3 or Z1.
spewed:

How come you like the E30 better? I've always thought the E36 looked WAY better, and it certainly performed better. My seat is the most comfortable of any I've ever driven or ridden in too :) I gotta say that the newer 3's (E46?) took a major step down in looks. Only the M3 is still kinda cool because of the extra body flares, but still not as cool as the E36's.
-- _____________________________________________________ Drivin a 94 BMW 325is w/sport. For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com. Yeah, it's really a real address :)
On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:50:43 +0100, John Burns

    This is a UK-based site, but it lists the Z3 as E36/7 - I thought it was known as the E40 overseas. That's what I've read on some US boards.     Emanuel

Both the KoalaMotorsport and RoadFly sites show the Z3 as E36/7. Don't know where you've been looking (although googling seems to show it as E40 in Asia.)
Floyd
this is the best link for bmw E numbers... http://bmw.aloistreichel.de/e-codes.php sharkman540i
wrote