I know I should know, but, well... you know...

Can someone quickly go over the regs so far as regard towing a 1 Tonne Sankey... I know it'll be fine behind my 101GS, but what about behind my Discovery (with a Nato hitch, obviously)?

The Sankey is legal, braked an all that, but the width worries me, as does the laden weight.

Reply to
Mother

Width shouldn't be a problem. IIRC in the UK, a vehicle under 3.5 tonnes MAM can tow a trailer up to 2.25m wide.

Assuming your Disco has the same 3.5-tonne towing limit as all the others, then I doubt you'll be over that either.

Reply to
QrizB

On or around Tue, 18 May 2004 05:48:31 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@dev.null (QrizB) enlightened us thusly:

I thought it was 2.3m Of course, my big trailer is more than that, so technically, you can't tow it behind any LR other than a 101. But you could tow it behind an unladen transit. Feckin' silly.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles at snipped-for-privacy@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk wrote on 18/5/04 2:00 pm:

Found this the other day

Should answer you question.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

You're right, of course. IWRC :-)

Reply to
QrizB

What does the Iowa Waste Reduction Center have to do with it?

Oh...

Reply to
David French