H...E...L...P...! P..L..E..A..S..E..!

I own a 1996 Range Rover P38 Diesel. Yesterday the I managed to flatten the battery by leaving the lights on so I disconnected the battery and charged the battery overnight. When I reconnected the battery today the alarm bleeped once and now both my keys will not work. I have tried using the EKA (Emergency Key code Access) but the message on the dashboard reads "KEY CODE LOCKOUT" every time I open door the alarm goes off. Has anybody got any suggestions how to solve this. Regards Martin

Reply to
Martin

Have a look at the following guide, it's quite comprehensive;

It also suggests that the key code lockout only lasts for between 10 mins to 30 mins although the wording is ambiguous so it might lock out forever.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Hi Ian,

Many Thanks for your quick response i have just tried it agian its been about 45mins since i gave up and it's worked using the EKA. Your A Star !!!!!

I was just about to get my big hammer out and start hitting things!!

Regards Martin

Reply to
Martin

Don't thank me, thank google, second link down ;-) Print it out I reckon!

Glad it's going again, I'm in the process of removing a car alarm from one of my cars due to it being similarly over-complicated.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:05:36 GMT, "Martin" enlightened us thusly:

I could sell you a series III, doesn't have any of these issues :-)

(note: posted after I saw that the problem was solved, before I'm accused of being an unhelpful heartless abtsrad).

Reply to
Austin Shackles

After today's carry on (2 hrs trying to get the bloody thing started and the alarm constantly going off at 7am), just because I removed the battery I would have given anything for a series 3. Technology what a wonderful thing NOT!!

Regards Martin

Martin