E39 winshield washer nozzles

Mine are completely plugged, so I removed them to clean. Bewfore I start, though, there is an electrical connection. I assume this is simply something to keep them from freezing and there is nothing like an electrical
valve. Is this true?

You English guys and your quaint language: "valve". I presume you mean switch. The answer is no; it comes on (at least in my E34 and E46) with the ignition switch just like the exterior rear-view mirror heaters.
Floyd
fbloogyudsr wrote:

You Floyd guys and your lack of language knowledge: "valve" - he means an electrically operated VALVE - such as a device to open or close the flow of water through the washer nozzles. d'uh.
Sounds like a perfectly logical and well constructed question to me - I'd have to guess your reading comprehension isn't all that high.

I was thinking the same thing, but as a colonist, what do I know about the quaint way you guys butcher the language? ;-)
My strange use of the language comes from the fact that I live in a non-English-speaking country, San Francisco. BTW, I talked to a parts guy at a dealership and the part is called a heated valve, so I think I answered my own question.

Well that's a fine how-do-you-do!
You're butchering the language, and you're not even from the Motherland, you're a local.

Actually, the most common use of valve that I know of - as an electrical engineer - is the term for a vacuum tube. Remember them?
And if you remember the *CONTEXT*, the OP is talking "electrical" thingies, not water flow, so up yours.
Floyd
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:16:44 -0700, "fbloogyudsr"

I remember reading a few years ago that some Brit police force was equipping itself with Skodas. It was asked if they were the 16 valve versions, and some wag responded, "yes, 8 in the engine, and 8 in the radio."
Thank you, and good night.
--
Dan.

fbloogyudsr wrote:

Really? There is no water flow through the electrically heated windshield washer nozzles? Hmmm... imagine that.
Well, actually, there *is* none through his. That was his originbal complaint. But there is supposed to be.
-Fred W
it is a heater for winter, exactly.