Failure of electric component (maybe ignition switch) - BMW 325 1990

My brake lights went out a couple of weeks ago.
Then my power windows failed. Then my car failed to start.
Battery is good. Fuses are not blown.
I am thinking that my iginition switch shorted and maybe took out my fuseable link in the process.
Would a bad ingition switch cause brake lights and power windows to fail, and then later create a situation where the starter would not turn over?????????
All responses are appreciated.
- Ben
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:21:49 +0000, Ben Martin wrote:

Sounds like your fusible link. Fix it first. Then contemplate causes.
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/electrical/fusible_link.htm