VW Golf MK1 - Ignition switch - electric part

Hello all! Please help me to correctly connect the wires for the ignition switch (VW Golf MK1). List of wires: 2 black,

1 red-black, 1 black-yellow 1 red 1 grey.

All I could find in manual is that "Refitting is a reversal of removal" :S. This is not applicable in my case because thieves tried to steal my car and in the process pulled out the wires from ignition switch.

Thanks!

Best regards, Aspwy

Reply to
Aswpy

Sorry that there are thieves out there, but thank goodness you still have your ride. ;-)

On the 111-953-631 ign switch plug, and I forget which VW I got this plug from, here is what I see. ;-) Fat red = 30 Fat Red with Black Stripe = 50 Skinny Brown (or possibly Gray) with Red Stripes = Su Fat Black = 15 Fat Black with Yellow Stripe = X

Is this what you wanted?

Reply to
One out of many daves

Do you have a Bentley Service Manual?

Reply to
Papa

If ya really get stuck, call the junk yards to see if they have any that are nearly the same year ( best if it is the same year). Just carefully open it up leaving all the pieces for the next guy and get any other body trim parts or whatever ya need..... Good luck

Reply to
RepairJunkie