"fuel door lock"

Just took my 1993 325IS to the gas station and can't get the door to the fuel tank opened. I've been going through a Chiltons manual and can't find anything. Ibeliev it's connected to the car electronics but not
sure. If so, is there any type of manual bypass?

with electronic systems, there is normally a manual method that entails removing some lining in the boot/trunk area adjacent to the filler.
FSCHW wrote:

It is suposed to lock and unlock when you lock and unlock the doors. If it is not working you can unlock it manually with a release in the trunk (look in the owners manual)
FSCHW wrote:

On mine the little pin that's supposed to pop into place when you lock the doors stopped doing it. Sounds like the opposite of your problem.
Jeff
The fuel door locks if you lock the car doors. If the fuel door is locked and the car is not, then I believe you can get into the fuel filler from inside the trunk.

Depending on the model, you will see a little pull cord in the trunk or behind the trunk panel behind the fuel door.