How to clean smudges on interior

I think the interior of my BMW is either vinyl of some sort of synthetic compound. What's the best way to clean smudges like finger prints without spreading them or rubbing them into the surface? I
want to make it look like when it was clean with a matte look. Is rubbing alcohol good enough or what product would you recommend?
Thank you in advance ...

Zymol Vinyl cleaner is really good.