how to clean engine comparment

Can anybody please tell me how should I clean the engine comparment from dust and dirt ?

Reply to
Peter Gal

Water always works real nice.....................

seriously, maybe I'm doing it wrong but i get some engine cleaner/degreaser, take it to the local do it yourself car wash, pop the hood, spray the stuff on, set the wand to rinse, and hose that sucker down.

Reply to
Jonathan

cleaner/degreaser,

Reply to
Edward Hayes

every couple of months I soak the dirty spots with Simple Green, then spray everything off with a pressure washer, taking care not to soak the electronic parts too much. The engine compartment in my 19k mile WRX looks pretty good using this method

Reply to
Jerry and Bea

Diesel fuel works fine.

Reply to
UserEddie214

I use a hose, and an old toothbrush...

Reply to
Andrew Morris

For scrubbing, I use a toilet brush (bought NEW just for this purpose). I also put a small plastic baggie over the master cylinder resevoir (both brake and clutch) and wrap a rubber band around it. I also use a pressure washer, but keep the nozzle end at least 18" or so away from anything that could be damaged. I did this routine every week for two Minnesota winters on an impreza RS and a Honda CRV with no troubles.

Reply to
null_pointer