70 interior

Any one know how many mustang FB where done with the orange interior{verillim}

Reply to
jcard70stang

Do you mean Vermillion? It probably started out red and faded to orange.

Reply to
D.K.R.

If I added this correctly, I'm coming up with 3930 Sportsroof models, including Mach 1s, Boss 302s and special paint vehicles with Vermilion interior for 1970 production.

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

No, he meant Vermilion (w/one L). And there were no vintage Mustangs produced with red interior from model years 1970 thru 1973...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

I meant vermillion, like it says on the page where I found the information:

INTERIOR COLORS/INTERIOR TRIM CODE Vermillion Vinyl - BE Vermillion Houndstooth [cloth&vinyl] - AE

Just so you know, both ways to spell the word are acceptable accord> >

Reply to
D.K.R.

FYI: VermiLLion was an available interior color in the 1970-72 model Mustangs.

More info on Mustang interior colors @

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a Calypso Coral 1970 Mach 1

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III

The word can be spelled either way: Middle English (vermilion) taken from Old French (vermillion). Check your Webster's. I'm going by the spelling from Kevin Marti book...

-- Mike

93 Cobra

Reply to
Mike R