How to clean headlight lenses?

Can anyone recommend or point me to a way to polish up the plastic headlight lenses on a 96 GL Passat? Gave it to my son a couple of days ago and when we were coming out of the insurance office noticed that the lenses were a faded yellow and you could not even see through them. Is it possible to polish these clear again or is it one of those pull them off and get new ones items?

Ed

Reply to
Ed Regal

There is a discussion about this going on in the Yahoo Passats group.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

See

Tom's VR6

Maybe, check the Eastwood site for materials to polish plastic headligh lenses.

Reply to
PeterD

Most autopart stores have the materials. They are available in kits for headlights and for polishing convertible plastic windows.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Permatex makes a kit:

No Spam Please

I'll let you in on a well kept secret that will absolutely blow your mind. Get a hand towel and an arosol can of mosquito repellent, spray a generous coating across the lens count to 10 and wipe it off with your towel. Amazement guaranteed! You will thank me after you try it.

Reply to
kevin