please can anybody help

please can anybody tell me how to get into my car? it's a 1998 525i. i had to put a new battery on it the old one was dead been parked up for about 18months started first
time with new battery.locked the car later and now can't open doors,managed to squeeze through TINY hole between the armrest in back seat to open bonnet thought dodgy new battery was flat,but car starts first time,the wipers will not stop going the elec windows or sunroof will not open and neither will the doors!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME BEFORE I LOSE MY PATIENCE AND TAKE A DISK CUTTER TO THE DOORSKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S
any help gratefully appriciated...

Try turning the key on the passenger side ALL the way counter clockwise while lifting the door handle. You have to turn the key firmly to the 9 o'clock position. This works on my 1990 5 series, good luck