Can I get a Ford 2006RDS radio to tell me it's code?

Hi,

I bought a Mondeo recently with a Ford 2006 RDS radio fitted. I'm about to replace it with an all singing all dancing one, but I want to keep the Ford one just in case...

I don't have the code for it. Since it's currently still in the car and still enabled, is there any way I can get it to tell me the code before I remove it, and save me paying a dealer to look it up for me?

Reply to
PC Paul

Nope. What would be the point in that? Every theif would know about it.

Reply to
Conor

I needed the same on my wife's Volvo one a few weeks ago. I went into the local dealers, asked at the service desk if they could tell me the code, they put my reg number into the computer and out popped the code. No charge - thank you very much.

Dunno if Ford will do the same but worth a try.

Failing that - there are loads of posts on eBay (and websites) claiming they can give you the code (for most radios) for £1-2.

-- JohnB

Reply to
JohnB

I'm told that on VAG-based cars, the code is actually in the ECU anyway, so you can plug the radio in and after a few seconds (minutes?) it will talk to the ECU and get the activation code back.

(Source: rootling around in the tdiclub forums. No personal experience...)

Phil

Reply to
Phil Armstrong

That is correct in that Car A and Radio A are a matched pair. Putting Radio B (from another VW car) into Car A and it wont work, and vice versa.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)