Possible M3 sedan in the future??

Does anyone have any info about a possible M3 sedan? I would love an M3, but a coupe would not fit my family plans.

    I hope so - I still grouse about there being no E46 M3 sedan; the competition models thrown to buyers as a sop don't cut it. Did BMW ever give a reason why there isn't one?
E Brown wrote:

I have no insider info to share, just some personal opinions and theorizing:
As you probably know, the M3 sedan was only available a few years during the late 90's (E36). There was never an E30 M3 sedan, nor an E46 M3 sedan. This leads one to assume that there probably will not be an E90 M3 sedan.
My guess is that the M3 sedans that they did make were not a huge marketing "hit" then. Yes there were a few folks (especially here in the US) that bought them, but by and large it probably did more to dilute the aura of "sportiness" which effected the M3 coupes too. I see a lot of M3 4doors with automatic transmissions. Ugh. Same with the Convertibles, if you ask me. An M3 convertible is just not the same as an M3. Too heavy, poor aerodynamics, and most have automatics.
The other possibility is the marketing wizards may have determined the M3 sedan cut into the M5 market. M5's being more profitable, this would be something they would want to avoid.
If you want an M3 you will likely have to make the supreme sacrifice of living with 2 doors. Otherwise, a 330 PP is the best you can do.
-- -Fred W
Get googling! M3 saloon on the way 2006/7 http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoid/6050228.001/bmw/1.html
I think you just made my day... Thanks!