Re: Recognise this car anyone UK

Plenty of reasons. Rich owner who only uses it when it's needed and has something more suitable for everyday? Or works in the city and commutes by PT? School run car?
--
*Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film*

I dunno what it should be worth. Some say the market for this type of vehicle is small - most want the diesels.
--
*Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"

repairs cost?
--

jeremy
['01 BMW 530iA SE Touring]

2K? Good grief. Have you had more than one estimate? Is the noise constant or does it change with the engine hot?
I haven't worked on a BMW V-8, but on my old Rover it is possible to identify which tappet is noisy with a stethoscope. But with those you replace them all anyway - if one is noisy the others will follow.
--
*Acupuncture is a jab well done*