Re: Recognise this car anyone UK

like the look of this car but why only 15K miles in 4 years of

> driving. Does anyone recognise this X5? What reasons can I expect the > dealer to give for this low milage? Should I expect to speak with the > previous owner?

Plenty of reasons. Rich owner who only uses it when it's needed and has something more suitable for everyday? Or works in the city and commutes by PT? School run car?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I dunno what it should be worth. Some say the market for this type of vehicle is small - most want the diesels.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If that's the only reason... what's your car worth, what will the repairs cost?

Reply to
Jeremy

2K? Good grief. Have you had more than one estimate? Is the noise constant or does it change with the engine hot?

I haven't worked on a BMW V-8, but on my old Rover it is possible to identify which tappet is noisy with a stethoscope. But with those you replace them all anyway - if one is noisy the others will follow.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)