Has anyone Tried this

Hi there People: While surfing around looking for what is availble for the 06 Mustang V6 I came across this bolt-on Air inductor called the Turbonator. Has anyone used this product, Does it really work. Seems pretty good if it Does. Check it out

Lightnen

Reply to
lightnen

Good at 'lightnen' yer wallet!

Look up definition of 'placebo effect'...

If it REALLY worked, modders and mfrs would put a little version in each manifold runner.... it cannot POSSIBLY work out in front of the throttle plate.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Do you live in Calgary??

Reply to
Jim Warman

Sorry NO there J.W. I'm in South Western Ontario here. NO mans land ya might say.

Reply to
lightnen

Thanks for the Input there guys, thought it was too good to be TRUE. But if one dose not ask around one could waste a few bucks that could have gone to something else more worth while. Again thanks for the input..

Reply to
lightnen

Popular Mechanics tested a number of these different gadgets in an issue a couple of months ago. Bottom line was none of them worked, including the Tornado (seen on TV all the time) and some even made the car run worse!

Popular Mechanics rarely dislikes anything from what I can see so for them to write an article like that means the things must have *really* sucked.

Reply to
Tomas

Mythbusters did a show on things that supposedly improve gas mileage. I was sorely disappointed when Adam and Jamie didn't tackle these airflow thingies.

- Max - ======= My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. - Huey Freeman

Reply to
Max C. Webster III

YES! I remember that show and I had waited all week to watch it and then they didn't test the very devices that are plastered all over the infomercials. I was also a bit disappointed in their "hide from radar" tests as well, although that one was better. They left an import aspect out of the show but I can't for the life of me remember what it was?

Reply to
Tomas

WindsorFox

I once sent an email to one of these places asking how the little "tornado" kept swirling past the butterfly, through all the tubes and around corners in the intake manifold and then past the valve stems and into the cylinder. I never got a reply.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Still, I WOULD like to see it tried in the runners, matched (CW/CCW) to the port/valve topography. We KNOW high swirl chamber does give good economy, but at expense of max power.

Remember the piano wire brazed across the intake ports on heads?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

That's it!!

Good find!