Anyone want this...?

HI all,

May be out of place here, or off topic, but since it would need some "maintenance" to get it going...

MKIV Astra, with diagnosed blown head gasket (it's been leaking coolant for ages). I've been quoted more than I'm willing to pay to get it fixed (=A3600 - =A3800), and already have a new car, so I'm trying to get rid of it. It's S reg, 100,000 on the clock, and everything apart from the gasket is in good nick. Exhaust (including cat) is very recently replaced (less than six months), brand new thermostat, four fairly new tyres (less than three months), taxed and tested recently. I'm looking for someone to take it off my hands, as a) I don't have time to do much with it, and b), it's been sitting doing nothing for three weeks, and won't start (flat batt). I imagaine it would run for a few more years yet, if someone is willing to fix the gasket. Other than the gasket, it's ran perfectly since I've had it - the past year). If anyone's interested, my local garage have offered me =A3200 to take it away, so anything above that will be considered.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

DSt.

Reply to
DSt

Where abouts are you?

Reply to
Tom Burton

DSt ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

fleaBay.

Declare all the faults, start it dirt cheap, and put a £200 reserve on it.

Reply to
Adrian

snipped

DSt.

where are you ?

Reply to
bongo rule

Sorry folks, I just realised - no location! Doh.

I'm in Edinburgh.

DSt.

Reply to
DSt