UK SOC National anyone going?

Simple question I guess! Planning to turn up on Saturday as a day visitor. Not really a camping fan, although I did three nights at Le Mans for the first time this year.

Enjoyed last year, got to meet Paul and Orca, and see loads of really great C900's, and some really beautifully kept 96's.

Unfortunately, my beloved "work in progress" C900 Aero hasn't really progressed much since last years event but I'm hoping to pick up a few spares if I can. Namely FPR and some bigger injectors.

Anyway hope to put a few names to faces for the UK folks on this group.

Cheers

Al

Reply to
Al

I'm going.

I've been organising a performance stand for the National and a mobile rolling road. We should have 9 modified cars on the stand from a Sonett to a 9-5.

The rolling road will be there all day Saturday and costs =A330 on the day or =A325 if booked in advance.

Email me if you want to put your name on the list.

Toby

Al wrote:

Reply to
tobyfield

in article snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, Al at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 10/07/2006 22:10:

Alas, we have other plans on that day which involve imbibing copious amounts of the good stuff! Enjoy your day, too :)

Nice meeting you, too, Al. I loved those 96s! There was an absolutely gorgeous red 99T Airflow and a stunning example of an early C900.

I got replacement rear light clusters and one of those accessory under seat bins last year. Look out for a SAAB accessory dog guard, will you? One that fits between the back seats and the boot - I think it fits into the rear headrest slots. Say 20 quid if you see one?

Orca is going into Aeromotive on the 30th for the bonnet, front wings and doors removing, replacing where necessary and respraying. The "collars and cuffs" (Super Inca wheels and grille) are also being done in Cirrus White. I'm hoping a potential deal with a Belgian for an unpainted Airflow front/rear skirts will come to pass, too.

She'll look like a proper '80s chick in patent stilettos and leggings when she's finished. Gaudy? Yes ... I hope :) Something akin to this:

I think a pat on the back when you meet Toby, for arranging the rolling road. Nice work there, fella!

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Maybe next year eh? Joined SOC again this year, can't make my mind up whether to join Ebor group or the Barnsley group...

Will keep an eye out for that one.

Mine's in there at the mo' to get the ignition lock sorted out, I've been starting her on a hall light switch and a bell push for the last three weeks, least said soonest mended!

Woa, like an Essex girl in car format!!

Yeah, don't think i'll subject my baby to that....or will I? Never had her dynoed, so not sure if I want to know.

Maybe she needs a name? I've named every car I ever owned, but not this one. WIP seems so rude...

Cheers Paul, have one for me! Al

Reply to
Al

Head snaps to attention... I've just bought a Saab... had thought it "too soon" to join an owners club...

Reply to
DervMan

Welcome aboard Dervman!

Whatcha got?

Al

Reply to
Al

A 2000 9-3 TiD... but more importantly, it's in a *beautiful* dark metallic blue.. :)

Reply to
DervMan