Documents in UK (car)

Hello.

I'm looking for some infromation.

Please, tell me, what documents I have to had when I want driving a car in UK ? Driving licence and...

I'm from Poland, but I want to go to UK to the work, and maybe for rest of my life becouse I love that country and language :). So please tell me - what documents I have to had when I'm a driver?

Reply to
gruchass

As you say. Driving licence, insurance certificate, and the car must be taxed, with a current MOT certificate if it is more than 3 years old. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

In news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@o2.pl waffled on in a semi-interesting fashion, it went something like this;

Driving licence, insurance, road tax (known as many things), and if the car is over 3 years old it needs to have an MOT certificate.

Reply to
Pete M

The message from "Pete M" contains these words:

Do taxis have to have MOTs from the first year?

Reply to
Guy King

yes.

Reply to
mrcheerful

And every 6 months too.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

That sort of taxi is under 3 years old?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Other posters have told you what you need. But of course you don't have to have the documents actually in the car with you.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

The tax disc you do

Reply to
powerstation

Except the road tax disc of course.

Reply to
Alan Gauton

Driving a UK car in the UK or driving your own (I would guess Polish) car in the UK?

Reply to
adder1969

Driving a UK car of course (steering wheel on the right) - driving a Polish car will be suicide ;)

Reply to
Grucha_pl

I drove a left hand drive Renault 12 for a year or so. It wasn't too bad apart from overtaking.

Reply to
Malc

I think he means that most cars in poland are death traps :-)

Reply to
adder1969

You can drive on an international licence; and keep the Polish Registration as many of your countrymen do, you don't have to pay congestion, parking or speeding charges. Get a job: - don't register for tax, deprive UK residents from employment. Unfortunately at the moment, we are oversubscribed.

Reply to
John McLean

Not strictly true. You can have a photocopy of it, or a message stating what date it expires. The reason it's permitted is due to the pathetic theft of tax discs in some areas.

Reply to
Taylor

@John McLean - I can't register in Poland car with right-hand drive - only "normal" - LHD.

I'm thinking about spend rest of my life in UK, so I think the better choise will be car with RHD. I know that people from Poland driving LHD but they will be coming back to our country.

Thanks for answer guyz!

Reply to
Grucha_pl

Plenty of work in the food manufacturing sector for him.

Reply to
Conor

You may change your mind. The UK is a very expensive place to live. That is why alot of Poles stay here 6 to 12 months and return home.

Reply to
Conor

The problem is that they don't pay the wages to attract the people on benefit, to get of their a***s and contribute to the economy of the country. We then have a double whammy, we're paying benefits to one lot; and another lot are coming in to the country and not paying tax to allow the other lot to sit on their a***s. Labour brokers who supply shelf stackers and the like, don't check the documents for these P***s, afaik, they are supposed to present a business plan with immigration to work in the UK. Jaymack.

Reply to
John McLean