Replacement parts inferior???

Just had new CATS installed on my 2000 E39 M5.<p>Now, when I park and exit, I hear the sound of a rhythmatic drip or tap coming from under the car.,p>I think it's the metal expanding or contracting. It never
happened prior to the replacement.

I wouldn't worry about it. Even new cars can have expansion/contraction noises. It might become less after more heat cycles.
Floyd
Floyd Rogers wrote:

Thanks.
It is a sound I remember when I was driving old American cars years gone bye. It was always a portent of bad news since there weren't CATS back then.
David H.
David Hageman wrote:

You're right, it's the cooling exhaust parts making the moises. Happens all the time on my E34 540i.
--
-Fred W
Toys for sale, Hey get your toys here: