Just had

A car outside my house suddenly revving to the limiter, white smoke billowing from thev exhaust and the occupants scrambling out , any ideas what likely to have caused it

Reply to
steve robinson

Was it a diesel?

Had this on an old Fiat Uno diesel once that had been overfilled with oil. Changing down for a bend, the revs went up, and it threw a load of oil into the filter, then sucked it down into the cylinders. It revved uncontrollably, even with the ignition off as it was fuelling itself off the oil. Revved for about 2 mins, smoke everywhere. Then it stopped. Seemed ok afterwards, once we'd had the AA out to find out what the hell had happened and he explained it to my friend, who's car it was.

Reply to
Mike P

It was a Citroen estate, possibly a desiel although not 100% sure , smoke was white

Reply to
steve robinson

Diesel with overfilled oil or blown turbo seals running on it's oil?

Reply to
Chris Bartram