Replacing the heater valve on 99 323 Convertible

Hi, I have the knocking heater valve noise which comes up on this forum occasionally and though I understand it is harmless I do want to consider replacing it. Does anyone have information on the degree of
difficulty in doing this for a weekend mechanic?
thanks in advance, Eric